Wednesday, July 16, 2014

J u l y 15


        The sun shines down, deliciously hot on my bare shoulders. Eleanor naps on a big striped pillow in the shade of a lawn chair, her eyelashes soft and thick resting on her little round cheeks. Her baby lips inspire kissing at all times, and she is sleeping too deeply to be woken by a kiss or two.
      Anthony, the son of his father, industriously pushes a miniature red wheelbarrow full of clippings back and forth across our small green lawn.
       Chloe and Elysia are playing at being rabbits,  picking wild flowers and clover stems for their dinner, and the shade of the lilac tree is dappled across the grassy hillside.
 
       The lake hums with summer noise, boats and float planes buzzing to and fro across and above the blue water. I'm reading 'My Life in France' by Julia Child- I love it, but her writing always makes me madly hungry. I think there is a watermelon cooling in the icebox.

                      Oh July! I adore you.











                         

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to hear from you!