Sunday, June 7, 2015

May 2015

                            

                                                     
                                                         5.16.15
      I feel as fragile and translucent as a  shell, with this new life inside me. It is as small as a pearl, delicate,  precious- and I'm like a  shell, holding it. Two lives together,  and my  whole year, my whole life, is changing shape to fit this new little one.      

       Sickness comes in waves, ebbing and flowing throughout the days and weeks. I want to hold this child with grace and patience,  like my Father has held me.    I've known the sensation of being held gently and firmly in His hand;  suspended,         transient as the breath of life. Precious to Him, amid this dim and perilous world.




 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
   Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
   If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
   Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
 Psalm 139: 9-12



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to hear from you!